- Intuitive user interface that emphasizes playability on stage
- ORGAN part that meticulously models three vintage organs
- High-quality E.PIANO part with attention paid to every detail
- Rich PIANO part powered by high-capacity samples
- KEY/LAYER part with a wide range of variations
- Intuitive and powerful effects that are optimized for live use
- Touch sensor that can control a variety of parameters
- Nine-band EQ that allows detailed control of your sound
- Real valve drive sound powered by Nutube, the new vacuum tube
- Newly developed waterfall keyboard provides excellent playability
- Dynamics knob lets you freely customize the playing feel of the keyboard
- Scene memories let you instantly switch between settings
- Lightweight and compact body is built of sturdy sheet metal and aluminum
- Carries on the scarlet color that's traditional for VOX organs
- V861 volume/expression pedal and ST-Continental keyboard stand are included
The original VOX Continental, a transistor organ that appeared in the 1960s, is a timeless classic beloved by top players as a practical keyboard with a home on any live stage. Now, a completely new keyboard that carries this concept into the present day has been again released by the VOX brand.
The VOX Continental uses a simple and intuitive interface that allows quick accessibility of every function. The high-quality sound engine section is centered on organ, electric piano, and acoustic piano, and provides a wealth of stage-ready sounds. In addition, the Continental features a powerful effects section to enhance these sounds, and even analog valve drive powered by Nutube, the cutting-edge vacuum tube. It's an instrument that perfectly fits your live performance requirements for a variety of styles including rock, pop, jazz, and more.
The air of tradition that emanates from VOX organs, together with the innovation of decades of research, down to the illuminated VOX logo shows the new VOX Continental is a fusion of both, redefining the existence of the modern stage keyboard.
A live stage environment is a demanding performance space for a keyboardist. With an intuitive interface that's designed for on-stage playability, the VOX Continental gives you instant access to all functions from its front panel.
The easily-understandable panel layout independently places the four parts (ORGAN, E.PIANO, PIANO, KEY/LAYER) and lets you instantly switch them between on, off, and layer states. Scene memories let you quickly recall programs and effects settings. You can use the touch sensors to control a variety of parameters in addition to the organ drawbars. All of this functionality is designed for players who performs daily on stage.
With approximately 10 GB of high-capacity memory, the VOX Continental has 150 built-in programs carefully selected for live use, powered by its high-quality PCM sound engine and its sophisticated vintage sound modeling engine.
The ORGAN part contains three different sound engines. The VOX transistor organ sound engine perfectly reproduces the sound of the original VOX Continental that went on sale in the 1960s. The COMPACT reproduces every detail of another compact transistor organ from the same era as the VOX Continental. The CX-3 tonewheel organ sound engine faithfully models KORG's classic combo organ. These organ sounds let you use the revolutionary touch drawbars to freely control the harmonics and tone.
The VOX and the CX-3 also let you switch between upper (upper keyboard) and lower (lower keyboard) and split at a single touch of a button. It goes without saying that the CX-3 provides percussion to create an attack sound, and the COMPACT is equipped with an MTB (multi-tone booster) that lets you create everything from sweet and mellow tones to a distinctively sharp sound.
Furthermore, every sound allows vibrato/chorus and the rotary speaker simulation to be quickly switched on/off at a touch. Vintage effects are also included, letting you immerse yourself in the rich history of organ performance.
Three electric piano sound engines are provided: TINE gives you the sounds produced by striking a metal bar, REED models the vintage electric pianos that strike a vibrating reed, and FM creates the iconic electric piano sounds of the 80's. You'll enjoy high-quality e-piano sounds with realistically simulated amp and cabinet modeling, and carefully sampled overtones.
Three types of piano are provided: GRAND with its peerless resonance, UPRIGHT which provides the uniquely sophisticated depth of an upright piano, and E.GRAND which gives you an electric grand that's ideal for pop music. GRAND and UPRIGHT lavishly feature non-looped stereo samples for every key, bringing you richly expressive piano sounds that are both delicate and powerful.
This part contains a variety of practical sounds that will be immediately useful in your band or ensemble, organized into the six categories of KEY, BRASS, STRINGS, LEAD, SYNTH, and OTHER. These will perfectly cover the keys part of any musical style.
Designed for the same ease-of-use as the sound parts, the effects section is optimized for live performance. Six powerful EFFECT types (CHORUS, PHASER, FLANGER, COMP, DRIVE, WAH), four types of DELAY, five types of REVERB, and EQ; each provide dedicated knobs and switches to allow versatile and rapid control of your sound.
The greatest distinction of the VOX Continental's interface is its revolutionary LED-equipped touch bars that shift function according to the situation.
These are electrostatic touch sensors that smoothly respond to a light touch of your fingertips; they provide the graphical operability of drawbars, together with the programmability that users expect from today's technology. Their concave shape facilitates smooth movement of your fingertips, and also allows you to sense intuitively how far the control has been raised or lowered, without requiring you to glance at the controller during performance. These are not the commonly-seen physical sliders, nor are they buttons; rather, these touch sensors are precisely matched to the player's senses, delivering a revolutionary ease of use.
As an additional controller, a bend lever is also provided. You can use this to freely control the speed of the rotary speaker simulation, tremolo, or pitch bend.
Adding stunning presence and the warmth of vacuum tubes, KORG's Nutube is a new type of vacuum tube that powers valve drive sound, smooth distortion, and a dense and fat sound that cannot be obtained by modeling. The nuances of drive can be intuitively controlled by a dedicated switch and knob even while you perform. The light emanated by the Nutube circuit adds a visual element to its audible effect.
*What is Nutube? Nutube is a new type of vacuum tube that was developed by KORG Inc. and Noritake Itron Corporation utilizing vacuum fluorescent display technology. Like a conventional vacuum tube, Nutube has an anode grid filament structure, and operates as a complete triode vacuum tube. Like a conventional vacuum tube, it generates the warm overtones and response that are distinctive of vacuum tubes.
A newly designed light-touch waterfall keyboard is featured. Performance techniques distinctive of the organ, such as glissandi and trills, can be reproduced perfectly. Semi-weighted design means that playing feel is also excellent for piano or electric piano performance. Even when you're playing complex chords or difficult phrases, sensitive velocity control is assured.
The dynamics knob lets you control the way in which your playing dynamics (velocity) affect changes in volume and sound. Turning the knob toward the left gives you a wide range of expression from pianissimo to fortissimo, allowing the richly emotional performance that you need for a solo or for singer-instrumentalist playing. Turning the knob toward the right will make the loudness of the sound consistent regardless of your keyboard playing dynamics, ensuring that your keyboard backing will not be buried in the sound of your band or ensemble.
Favorite sounds or frequently-used variations can be registered as one of 16 scenes (4 scenes x 4 banks) and recalled instantly while you perform. You can also use a USB flash drive to save and load up to 100 sets of 16 scenes. For the keyboard player who works with multiple bands, this feature allows sets of scene memories to be managed without confusion for easy access to the sounds you need.
The design and features of the VOX Continental are optimized for live performance. The body sports the distinctive scarlet color that's traditional for VOX organs, and is made of sturdy sheet metal and lightweight aluminum to ensure durability, and its slim and compact design guarantees excellent portability. The OUTPUT jacks provide XLR balanced output to preserve the quality of the audio output without having to use D.I. The rear panel VOX logo is fully illuminated; along with the bulldog badge, this makes a bold on-stage assertion of this instrument's English heritage.
A volume/expression pedal (V861) and dedicated keyboard stand (ST-Continental) are included as standard. The V861 features a compact and sturdy black-anodized aluminum chassis for a sophisticated look; it provides two sets of INPUT/OUTPUT jack and one EXPRESSION jack that let you use it to control volume or wah.
The ST-Continental's design brings to mind the VOX organ player of the past, and provides a side lever that allows the angle to be easily adjusted. Since this stand allows the VOX Continental to be completely secured with screws, it allows bold tilt settings, such as angling the panel and keyboard toward your audience for greater performance impact. It's a dedicated stand for a new generation of keyboard heroes to perform live.
VOX Continental specifications:
- Semi-weighted waterfall (velocity sensitive is supported, after touch is not supported)
- 61 keys: C2 - C7 (transposable in the range of [C0…C5] - [C4…C9]), velocity sensitive C2 to C7
- 73 keys: E1 - E7 (transposable in the range of [E-1…C5] - [E3…E9]), velocity sensitive E1 to E7
- Modeling tonewheel organ sound generator: 128 voices
- Modeling transistor organ sound generator: 100 voices
- Modeling electric piano sound generator: 80 voices
- High-definition Piano sound generator: 60 dual stereo notes (equivalent to 240 voices max)
- Modeling analog synthesizer sound generator: 36voices
- PCM sound generator: 64 stereo notes (equivalent to 128 voices max)
(Actual maximum polyphony will vary depending on oscillator settings such as stereo multisamples and velocity crossfade)
- Approx. 10.5 GB (in case of 48 kHz, 16-bit Linear PCM converted)
- 3 types (CX-3, VOX, COMPACT)
- Draw bar, Percussion ON/OFF, Split function, Vibrato/Chorus ON/OFF, Rotary Speaker ON/OFF)
- 3 types (TINE, REED, FM)
- 3 types (GRAND, UPRIGHT, E.GRAND)
- 6 types (KEY, BRASS, STRINGS, LEAD, SYNTH, OTHER)
- Preset variations: 150
- Scene: 16 (4 x 4)
It is available to save 100 sets to external USB
- EFFECT: CHORUS, PHASER, FLANGER, COMP, DRIVE, WAH (control via pedal)
Master Effects : DELAY: 1. DELAY, 2. CROSS, 3. TAPE, 4. MOD DLY REVERB: 1. HALL1, 2. HALL2, 3. ROOM1, 4. ROOM2, 5. SPRING, EQ,
9-band stereo input/output,
- VALVE DRIVE: Vacuum tube Nutube 6P1
- DYNAMICS: Control the amount of change in volume and tone produced by your keyboard playing dynamics.
- Bend Lever
- ORGAN: Rotary Slow/Fast
- E.PIANO: Tremolo ON/OFF
- KEY/LAYER: Pitch bend
- Touch sensors (electrostatic capacitance type)
- ORGAN: Drawbars
- KEY/LAYER: Sound controls
- EQ: 9 band equalizer
- Audio Characteristics:
- 20Hz - 22kHz ±1.0dB 10k O load
- 20Hz - 22 kHz 0.005% (standard) 10k O load
S/N Ratio : 105dB (standard)
OUTPUT L/MONO, R:
- Connector: 6.3 mm (1/4") monaural phone jack, unbalanced
- Output impedance: 1.1 O (when outputting in stereo), 600 O (L/Mono jack, when outputting in mono)
- Maximum level: +16.0 dBu
- Load impedance: 10k O or more
OUTPUT L, R:
- Connector: XLR-3-32 type (balanced) + LIFT - GND switch
- Output impedance: 350 [O] (when outputting in stereo)
- Maximum level: +16.0 [dBu]
- Load impedance: 10k O or more
- Connector: 6.3 mm (1/4") stereo phone jack
- Output impedance: 50 O
- Maximum level: 150 + 150 mW @32 O
- DAMPER : KORG DS-1H damper pedal (supports half-damper), PS-1 and PS-3 pedal switches
- ROTOR SPEED : KORG PS-1 and PS-3 pedal switches
- CONTROL : V861 VOL/EXP pedal volume/expression pedalV861
- MIDI : IN, OUT
- USB : USB A (TYPE A): Saving/loading scene data, USB B (TYPE B): MIDI interfaces: 1 (16 ch) in/1 (16 ch) out
Complies with USB specification Ver. 2.0, High speed (up to 480 Mbps)
- Power : AC adapter connector (DC 15 V), power button
- Dimensions (W x D x H):
- 61-key model: 939 mm x 350 mm x 86 mm/ 36.97" × 13.78" × 3.39"
- 73-key model: 1,103 mm x 350 mm × 86 mm/ 43.43" × 13.78" × 3.39"
- Weight: 61-key model: 7.2 kg / 15.87 lbs
- Weight: 73-key model: 8.4 kg / 18.52 lbs
- Power Consumption: 16W
- Included Items: AC adapter, Power cord, V861 Volume/Expression pedal, ST-Continental keyboard stand (for 61-key model and 73-key model)
- Accessories (sold separately) : Damper Pedal KORG DS-1H